Host brunch in your cottagecore dining room
Getting together with friends is lovely but adding brunch into the mix takes it to another level. Here are some ideas for transforming your everyday eating space into a cozy cottagecore dining room perfect for brunching. Our summer collection is chock-full of simple, affordable items to deliver those vibes in your cottagecore kitchen or dining spaces.
Let’s start with the table. The Block print runner makes for a great base to build upon. Then, add in a Block print cotton napkin set of four.
Keep it simple and inviting by placing some faux greenery such as a Alder eucalyptus bush with bubble berries into each size of a Modern stoneware vase (three sizes).
Place a Reactive glaze stoneware sugar and creamer set on the table for coffee needs, and that’s all you need to begin hosting! (OK, you may also need fluted glasses for champagne and a splash of OJ.)
Your dishware depends on what’s being served, which will vary. I recommend the Embossed platter in black and cream, as it is neutral with a fun texture. It works for serving a variety of fresh fruit or consider using one for a charcuterie board. No one says “shark-cooterie” has to be served on a wood platter, but we have one if you want to keep it traditional: Acacia wood cutting board.
The Acacia wood looks good next to either size of Mini cutting boards. One can be used for slicing rolls or pastries. The other is perfect for lemon slices for iced tea.
I hang some Xander natural and black cotton tea towels on my dining room server because they look nice and in case there’s an accidental spill (remember, champagne).
When I host a small gathering in my cottagecore dining room, I like potluck where my friends can each bring their specialty. If I’m hosting or attending, my go-to is often a simple salad. The recipe below can be altered to your taste or what ingredients you already have in the house.
Avocado, Strawberry and Turkey Summer Salad
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 6-8 strawberries
- 1-2 ripe avocados (depending on size and quantity desired)
- 4 ounces sliced deli turkey breast
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh black pepper
- Remove the tops of the strawberries and slice.
- Remove the skin and pit from the avocados and dice.
- Slice the turkey in half-inch strips
- Slice the goat cheese into small pieces.
- Add the spinach to a large bowl (such as this one).
- Add the strawberries, avocado, turkey, goat cheese and pecans to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 TB olive oil and 1 TB balsamic vinegar for dressing (or more or less of both to taste).
- Add the dressing to the bowl and lightly toss the ingredients (with these bamboo wrapped salad servers).
- Grind some black pepper on top of the salad to taste.
Serves 3 to 4. Double the recipe for larger gatherings.
When gathering in your cottagecore dining room, remember this quote popularized on Instagram: “Brunch without champagne is just a sad breakfast.”