CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Job Title: Sales Associate & Marketing Assistant
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Purple Rose Home - Northborough, MA
Purple Rose Home is a dynamic and innovative retail brand committed to delivering exceptional products and experiences to our customers. We are looking for a Retail Sales and Marketing Assistant who is passionate about providing excellent customer service, driving brand awareness on Instagram as well as other social media platforms, and can help create captivating in-store visual displays.
We are a family-run home decor retail store with a passion for decorating and vintage-style home decor. With 26 years of experience, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service and helping customers make their houses feel like a home that is beautiful, cozy, and welcoming.
Our wish is to find a team member that has sound judgment when it comes to all things retail. We require that you be a natural effective communicator and consistently and authentically share a positive attitude towards work.
As part of our Purple Rose Home team, you'll thrive within a fast-paced retail environment to keep up with the demands of the job.
We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and development for those with experience and an eagerness to contribute to our team.
- Greet and assist customers in a friendly and approachable manner.
- Provide product knowledge and recommendations to meet customer needs.
- Handle transactions accurately and efficiently using our point-of-sale system.
- Maintain a clean and organized store environment.
- Build strong customer relationships and foster a positive shopping experience.
- Maintaining product knowledge and staying up-to-date on new products and trends
- Assist in keeping the store clean and organized by sweeping, mopping, dusting, and other tasks as needed
- Unloading inventory deliveries from our warehouse
- Organizing, pricing, stocking & backstocking arrivals
- Disposing of trash and taking frequent trips to the dumpster
- Working independently and taking initiative to complete tasks efficiently
- Inventory management, following our process for restocking/reordering
- Restocking and styling the sales floor to ensure that products are visually appealing and easy to find
- Assist the marketing team in executing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Create compelling content for Instagram, including product photos, stories, reels and engaging captions.
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries and comments on social media platforms.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to maintain brand consistency.
- Communicate the brand's unique story and values to customers.
- Create content that emotionally connects customers to the brand's mission and vision.
- Incorporate storytelling elements into marketing materials and social media posts.
- Design and implement eye-catching in-store displays to attract and engage customers.
- Maintain visual merchandising standards, including product placement and signage.
- Regularly update displays to reflect new arrivals and promotions.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure a cohesive in-store aesthetic.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Previous experience in retail sales and customer service.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, particularly Instagram.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Technically savvy and financially astute
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Team player with a "work with" attitude
- Sound judgment and ability to engage and influence others
- Ability to accept criticism and use it to grow and improve
- Use data to make informed decisions that drive sales
- Take ownership of tasks and hold oneself accountable
- Display resilience and a "thick skin" in the face of challenges
- Confident but not arrogant
- Secure and self assured
- Prior retail experience of a minimum of 3 years
- Customer service experience
- Proficient computer skills and Point of Sale experience
- Proficient in managing business social pages on Facebook, Instagram, & TikTok
- Our shop is in an old home with 2 floors. You will have to be comfortable on your feet for long hours and able to go up and down stairs multiple times a day
- Some lifting will be required. We offer furniture pieces for sale off the floor and, restyling the floor and moving furniture will happen frequently.
- Inventory will be carried up and down the stairs on a regular basis.
Bonus/Nice to haves
- Email marketing skills
- Graphic Design Skills
- Meta Ads Skills
If you are a highly organized and analytical thinker with a passion for results and a commitment to personal and professional growth, we encourage you to apply. We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for growth and development.
Come join us in creating beautiful homes for our customers with a bit of fun and as part of our retail family!
Email. email@example.com with your resume to apply.